The European Association of Research Managers and Administrators was established in 1995 in Italy, recognising the need for Research Managers and Administrators to have a forum to meet, network and share their experiences. The Association took on the role of lobbying for and on behalf of its community and the wider research community in Europe. Over the years, EARMA has come to be seen as the representative association, at European level for Research managers and Administrators. Today, the volunteer organisation is based in Brussels.
The EARMA Board runs the Association an a day to day Basis. Various Standing Committees support EARMA’s activities in various fields.
Currently these committees comprise
- Annual Conference Programme Committee (ACPC)
- Policy and Representation Committee (PRC)
- Professional Development and Recognition Committee (PDRC)
- Membership and Communications Committee (MCC)
- Finance and Audit Committee (FAC)
- Statutes, By-Laws and Standing Orders Committee (SBSC)
- Awards Committee (AC)
- External Relations Committee (ERC)