EARMA Outstanding Contribution Award (OCA)
Each year EARMA recognises an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the RMA profession in Europe.
The specific criteria are:
- Having made a major contribution to the profession and/or to EARMA
With eligibility being:
- Nominees must have a minimum of two years’ experience in Research Management and Administration (given the nature of the award, it is likely that this will be significantly more).
- Nominees must be members of EARMA in good standing and have been so for at least the previous membership year.
- Board and Award Committee members are ineligible and remain so for 3 years after the end of their term.
Nominees need not be involved in the application process. Applications can be by anyone to nominate a colleague for the award, and this is the most common route.
The application is in the form of two references – normally a page per reference is sufficient, there is a 2-page limit per reference.
The two references should be from people based in different organisations to demonstrate the breadth of the contribution being outlined.
The total submission should therefor consist of 2 references, in PDF format, which may be submitted together or separately.
Submission are to be made via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submissions this year is 5pm CET, Wednesday 2nd September 2020.
Late applications cannot be accepted. Both references must be received by the due date.
The reference can take any form that you wish, although a signed letter on headed paper is most traditional.
The two references need not be the same, indeed if they highlight different parts of the contribution made by the nominee then the application as a whole is likely to be stronger. The referees need not be EARMA members.
Each reference must:
- Indicate the name, affiliation and contact details of the nominee
- Outline the contribution made by the nominee to EARMA and/or the RMA profession in Europe:
- Being specific about what they did and why it was important
- Include timescales
- Giving evidence for the claims, where specific
- Be “signed” by the referee making the nomination
For information, the 2019 OCA was awarded to Oonagh Kinsman (see: https://www.earma.org/2019/04/09/%ef%bb%bfoutstanding-contributor-awarded/).
To Download the OCA info, please click on the following link: