EARMA is offering up to eight of its members the exciting prospect of participating in the annual flagship event of the Southern African Research and Innovation Management Association (SARIMA). With its theme: “Embracing Change in a Shifting World: Managing Openness, Collaboration, Sharing and Benefit in Research and Innovation”, the SARIMA Conference offers a unique opportunity for EARMA members to learn from our counterparts in Southern Africa, share good practice and build useful connections to boost international collaboration. For further information and an application form please see the link at the bottom of this page.
Scheme: Events Access Grants: SARIMA Conference October 28-29, 2021
What is the Events Access Grant?
These are grants for EARMA members to access digital content with the latest call for applications being to access the digital SARIMA conference held on October 28-29, 2021.
Who is able to apply?
Grants are open to EARMA members (individual and institutional) of good standing who:
– have a minimum of two years’ experience in Research Management and Administration.
– have been members of EARMA for at least the previous membership year.
Applications from members in COST Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITCs) are particularly encouraged to apply. Additionally, applicants in their early to advanced career stages are welcome to apply.
Members may not hold grants in consecutive years or two grants in the same calendar year.
– For example, if you want to take part in 2021; you must have been a member of EARMA since January 2020.
– If you have successfully applied for an EARMA travel grant in 2020 you may not hold another travel grant in 2020 or 2021.
What funding is available?
- Up to €200 to cover registration fees for the SARIMA Conference
- Up to €30 to cover a maximum of one professional workshop during the conference
How can I participate?
Applicants must submit an application form which will be evaluated by the EARMA Awards Committee according to the following criteria:
- To what extent does the application align with the mission of EARMA?
Applicants must outline how their participation in the event directly aligns with the mission of EARMA making specific reference to EARMA’s objectives and strategy.
- To what extent will the proposed activity enhance and contribute directly to
- the applicant’s specific professional development goals and,
Applicants should outline their current professional development goals and explain how participation at the event will contribute to achieving these goals.
- the applicant’s current work in research management and administration?
With reference to the specific content of the conference or event, applicants should explain how participation at the event will contribute to their current work/role in RMA.
- How effective and appropriate are the measures to share the knowledge gained back to the applicant’s organisation, EARMA, and beyond?
Applicants should outline how they will share the information and knowledge gained from their attendance at the event with a) others in their institution, b) outside of their organisation (e.g., nationally, regionally) and, c) with other EARMA members (for those attending events hosted by other organisations). Information in this section should include the target audience and the specific measures planned to share the information.
Applicants will be ranked according to the criteria described above and applications which are ranked highest will be considered for award. However, EARMA reserves the right to not grant awards to poorly justified applications regardless of ranking.
The AC will make recommendations to the EARMA Board which will be reviewed for ratification at the regular EARMA Board meeting.
Applicants will receive a written notification of the outcome of their application as soon as possible after the Board meeting at which it was considered. Unsuccessful candidates will be provided with brief feedback on their application.
What is the deadline?
The deadline for the applications for Events Access Grants: SARIMA Conference 28-29 October 2021 is: 17:00 CEST, October 1, 2021.
Successful applicants will be informed between October 11-15, 2021.
The condition for the award
Awardees will be required to submit a report of their participation in the event and a summary of their experience for the EARMA website and/or EARMA Newsletter.