PURPOSE & OBJECTIVES:
One of the key benefits of EARMA membership, is the importance of continuous professional development, knowledge-sharing and networking between fellow professional research managers and administrators at all levels nationally, regionally, European, and internationally.
To facilitate this, encourages its members to visit to attend the conferences and other events of its Sister Associations and those of relevance to the RMA profession with three major objectives in mind:
- The training of research administrators and managers.
- Exchange of best practice between research managers and administrators.
- Enhancing international research collaboration through the building of strong links between research management and administration personnel and institutions.
Developed in response to the travel restrictions resulting from the Covid-19 global pandemic, the External Digital Events Access Grants provide the opportunity to secure financial support for the professional learning endeavours and knowledge-exchange of its members through a contribution to the cost of registration for external digital events.
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis (monthly). The cut-off for applications to be evaluated is 5pm CET on the 1st of each month.
Grants are open to EARMA members (individual and institutional) of good standing who:
- have a minimum of two years’ experience in Research Management and Administration.
- have been members of EARMA for at least the previous membership year.
Applications from members in COST Inclusiveness Target Countries* (ITCs) are particularly encouraged and applicants from early to advanced career stages are welcome to apply. (*Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Republic of North Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey).
Members may not hold grants in consecutive years or two grants in the same calendar year.
- For example, if you want to take part in 2021; you must have been a member of EARMA since January 2020.
- If you have successfully applied for a travel grant in 2020 you may not hold another travel grant in 2020 or 2021.
EARMA Board and Award Committee members are ineligible and remain so for 3 years after the end of their term.
The grant will contribute to the cost of the registration fee for the event up to a maximum of €500.
Applicants must submit an application form which will be evaluated by the EARMA Awards Committee according to the following criteria:
- To what extent does the application align with the mission of EARMA?
Applicants must outline how their participation in the event directly aligns with the mission of EARMA making specific reference to EARMA’s objectives and strategy.
- To what extent will the proposed activity enhance and contribute directly to
- the applicant’s specific professional development goals and,
Applicants should outline their current professional development goals and explain how participation at the event will contribute to achieving these goals.
- the applicant’s current work in research management and administration?
With reference to the specific content of the conference or event, applicants should explain how participation at the event will contribute to their current work/role in RMA.
- How effective and appropriate are the measures to share the knowledge gained back to the applicant’s organisation, EARMA, and beyond?
Applicants should outline how they will share the information and knowledge gained from their attendance at the event with a) others in their institution, b) outside of their organisation (e.g., nationally, regionally) and, c) with other EARMA. Information in this section should include the target audience and the specific measures planned to share the information.
EVALUATION PROCESS, DECISION & NOTIFICATION:
All applications will be evaluated by the EARMA Awards Committee (AC). Applicants will be ranked according to the criteria described above and applications which are ranked highest will be considered for award. However, EARMA reserves the right to not grant awards regardless of ranking.
The AC will make recommendations to the EARMA Board which will be reviewed for ratification at the regular EARMA Board meeting.
Applicants will receive a written notification of the outcome of their application as soon as possible after the Board meeting at which it was considered. Unsuccessful candidates will be provided with brief feedback on their application.
CONDITIONS OF AWARD: what are awardees expected to provide afterward (report, summary for website etc).
Awardees will be required to submit a report of their participation in the event and a summary of their experience for the EARMA website and/or EARMA Newsletter.
Please send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org